Pimp up my bedroom
Do you flick through those gorgeous interior magazines wishing your bedroom looked like that? Well, it’s time to declutter and turn that bedroom of yours into a sanctuary!
I suggest putting aside 1 day to declutter your bedroom and get it in order! Here are some steps to get you started:
- Remove any items that should be stored elsewhere.
- Remove all items from surfaces, sort and put away.
- Clear and clean surfaces, move furniture and vacuum floor.
- Keep decorative items out and store rest.
- Sort all clothes, accessories, etc into categories, one drawer, shelf or section of your wardrobe at a time. Keep ‘like’ items together, e.g. shirts together, etc.
- Go through each piece and ask yourself: do l love it, do l wear it, is it still practical? Give any clothes or accessories you no longer wear to friends or charity.
- If you lack space, store ‘out-of-season’ items and keep only current season items in your wardrobe.
- Put remaining items away in logical order, e.g. ‘like’ items together and colour code.
- Finish with surfaces clean, drawers and shelves labelled and side tables organised. Vacuum floor.
- Change linen and shout yourself some flowers for all your hard work
If you are struggling to get motivated check out Pinterest. Lots of great ideas to inspire you!
Sheets used in this photo are from our Hotel Collection featuring jaquard white stripe. For further details please go to shop.